The Front End!

Now the A is at Simon’s we began by removing the front axle to facilitate the replacement of :

  • Front Spring
  • King Pins
  • Front Brakes & Backing Plates (From 37 -41 to 46-48)
  • Re-engineer front hydraulic brakes (terrible job before I bought the car :))

Those of you that have seen previous posts will know that the front king pins have been somewhat modified in a bad way to say the least! Once we got the spindles off it was even worse than we thought. The king pin bushes had been shimmed to take up excess wear in the spindles. So Simon’s Dad fabricated some custom king pin bushes from scratch as the ones in the kit just dropped through the king pin locating holes! Simon fitted the bushes and modified to allow greasing of the bushes moving forward

The two galleries give a small idea of the amount of work involved.

Whilst we were about it we decided to make things look nice by cleaning and painting as many components as possible 🙂

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

 

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s