From Barrett-Jackson full Lot listing here
Henry Ford built and displayed this 1940 Ford Cutaway Chassis to show the wonder of working parts and the new-to-1940 features, such as a manual shift on the column. The cutaway areas show interior details of the all-chromed V8 engine, brakes, transmission, differential and more. It was built for the Ford Pavilion display at the 1939 New York World’s Fair, and was shown subsequently at state fairs and dealer showrooms across the U.S. In later years it was used in driver’s education departments as an educational aid. One of the elite 40 1940 Fords invited to the Grand National Roadster Show for the 75th Anniversary of the 1940 Ford.