Cracked it, Carburetor Tales of Disappointment

The A has been running badly of late, especially stalling out at junctions making driving a bit less than enjoyable. The car has a B carburetor fitted on the A manifold which hasn’t been milled out to match the carb (confirmed by measuring) Upon removing and stripping the carb I found that the mounting flange and therefore the carb throat has a crack which has been repaired.

Whilst I had the carb off I gave it a good clean and put it back on for the time being. Surprisingly after resetting the mixture and idle the car runbs and drives well. Decisions to be made on the carb and manifold soon!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s