Useful Model A Ford Information from MAFCA
• Assembly Plants and Body Numbers is a research study by Dave Sturges of Glenwood, Maryland who is trying to discover the meaning of letters and numbers stamped into the floors of Model A bodies. Dave could use your help to refine his research information. Check this out!
• Assembly Plant Production Figures is a table compiled by Steve Pargeter of Nashua, NH showing all the plants that produced Model A Fords and the numbers produced by year.
• Body Numbers – a reference list of body numbers compiled by Dennis Smith, listing body types and the tag numbers Briggs, Murray and Ford used to identify car bodies.
• Body Styles – a reference list of Model A Body Style numbers, years, and descriptions. Now with photos of many models.
• Canadian Engine Production is a list of Model A and A engines produced in Canada. Compiled by Steve Pargeter of Nashua, NH.
• Model A Engine Production is a list of Model A engine serial numbers produced at the Rouge Plant during the Model A Era.
• New Car Prices is a list of Model A prices from 1928-1931.
• New Zealand Production Figures – submitted by Justin Bicknell
• Production Figures – production figures taken from several sources (watch for upcoming Restorer article with additional information)
• Reader Technical Tips submitted by MAFCA members. Some great articles here!
• Standard and De Luxe Tudor Sedans – describes the differences between these 1931 models.
By Rick Black of the De Luxe Tudor Sedan Owner’s Group Chapter.
• Weights of Model A’s in 1931 – adapted from a Ford Dealer Service Letter