It was at an early age that Kate Cook knew her passion in life was art. By picking up commission pieces in high school, Kate was able to purchase her first car, a 1966 Jeepster Commando that she worked on with her father and brother
. It would be that Jeep that inspired her to combine her two loves into an artistic technique she calls “pinstripe illustration”. While she started her career in watercolor, ink and oil paint, she decided to meld the traditional methods of painting with versatile enamel car paint.
Her latest series of illustrator paintings, entitled “She’s been everywhere, man!” are inspired by nostalgic Americana with a colorful contemporary twist focusing on classic cars, travel, and the timeless female figure. Kate’s husband and biggest cheerleader Morgan encouraged her to take the leap of faith and paint full time.
It’s because of his support, Kate is able to live her dream, one illustration at a time through her studio Asphalt Canvas Custom Art.
Season 3, Episode 51 – Kate Cook – Owner and Artist of Asphalt Canvas Custom Art – Women Shifting Gears with Amanda Busick
- Season 3, Episode 51 – Kate Cook – Owner and Artist of Asphalt Canvas Custom Art
- Season 3, Episode 50 – Anja Kempermann, U.S. Events Manager and Race Series Manager for Masters Historic Racing
- Season 3, Episode 49 – Daphne Norris – Car Enthusiast – Team Shelby
- Season 3, Episode 48 – Mia Walsh – Porsche Club of America – National High Performance Driver Education Chair
- Season 3, Episode 47 – Beth Paretta and Lyn St. James