After the shock of the early delivery I started to take stock of what I had bought as it’s always a gamble buying sight unseen even with pictures.
Joe had left some start and stop instructions in the car which were really helpful and the title was also in the car
Managed to get the car started and reversed the car out of the garage, pretty hard to move as the brakes were stuck on to a degree and the handbrake cable was inoperable and I’d hazard a guess never worked. I’ll come back to the brakes a little later.
Upon opening the hood I found that the car had been fitted with a Pertronix electronic ignition replacing the points. Another point to note was the state of the wiring. As suspected I was looking at a little bit of an unfinished project. But on the bright side the car ran well.
An initial look at the underside showed some rust mostly surface but some work needed on the usual inner wheel arch area
The interior looked good and appeared to have a LeBaron Bonney interior kit fitted
To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here: