Tag: Parts Cleaning

Winter Project Home Made Blasting Cabinet, Spring Update :)

Advertisements

A bit of an update on the blast cabinet project started in the winter, stalled,and now nearly completed in the spring. We made the holes with a combination of hole cutters and the Dremel, decided to go with three for a bit of flexibility. The gloves are from eBay, taped in, but do the job! Air line goes in at the bottom corner, and the chimney is a piece of waste water pipe. Just need a filter for the chimney and we’ll give it a test. Not the most attractive thing you’ve ever seen but I think it will serve it’s purpose!

Break in the Weather

Advertisements

Just for a change the wind and rain subsided for the evening, so the oil pan and associated parts got cleaned. Went old school and used paraffin which took me back to the old days somewhat 🙂

With some good weather over the Easter weekend I can hopefully give everything a final clean, paint and refit.

 

Winter Project: Home Made Blasting Cabinet

Advertisements

As I’ve got many horribly dirty and grimy parts on the A, I thought this looked a handy little project for the small parts (found in the magazine Practical Classics August 2014 edition)

I have all the items with the exception of the gloves, which I’ve ordered from eBay.

I’ll post some pictures once our version is in progress.