Before beginning the removal of the rest of the rivets, I found that the left A pillar windscreen moulding that we originally thought would be difficult to remove proved to be easier than expected, so no need to remove the header rail
Now it was time to tackle all of the rivets on the left A pillar windlace retainer with the Dremel tool
After masking everything as best possible it took around two hours to grind off the heads off the rivets and then driving out the remains out with a centre punch. This enabled the removal of the retainer and the remains of the original windlace.
Due to the horrible weather the coil change is taking longer than I’d like, but it’s getting there!
To fit the aftermarket NAPA coil the factory rivets needed to be ground down to facilitate the removal of the old unit
Once removed I tidied the ground areas up and applied some paint to stop things from rusting and make things look a little better.
I’ve got the following issues with the right hand rear brake
- Shoes down to the rivets
- Hold down broken
- Handbrake cable pipe rusted
- Adjusters seized and rusted
- Bleed nipples missing from wheel cylinders due to backplates too near to suspension
Expecting more grief from the rest of the “upgrades” to the braking system 🙁