Early Days of my Model A – Part 3 The Project Begins Headlamps and Wiring

Upon inspection I found that the majority of the front wiring look was either missing or not in great shape and the headlamps were empty!

So I started with the headlamps and wiring from scratch

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

 

 

 

 

Advertisements

Early Days of my Model A – Part 2 Early Impressions

After the shock of the early delivery I started to take stock of what I had bought as it’s always a gamble buying sight unseen even with pictures.

Joe had left some start and stop instructions in the car which were really helpful and the title was also in the car

Managed to get the car started and reversed the car out of the garage, pretty hard to move as the brakes were stuck on to a degree and the handbrake cable was inoperable and I’d hazard a guess never worked. I’ll come back to the brakes a little later.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Upon opening the hood I found that the car had been fitted with a Pertronix electronic ignition replacing the points. Another point to note was the state of the wiring. As suspected I was looking at a little bit of an unfinished project. But on the bright side the car ran well.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

An initial look at the underside showed some rust mostly surface but some work needed on the usual inner wheel arch area

The interior looked good and appeared to have a LeBaron Bonney interior kit fitted

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Tidying Up Distributor Wiring

There are still quite a few items to take care of on my Model A. Managed to take care of one of these today. The Pertronix electronic ignition hadn’t been very well fitted which resulted in the module that arrived with the car failing. One of the issues was that the conduit for the distributor  wiring was missing. I managed to source one and fitted it today after putting it off for ages. It makes things look a neater and more authentic.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Stop Lamp Wiring

Whilst the brake work recently we fitted a new brake light switch. The wiring done by the previous owner was pretty untidy, so with some loom covering, cloth tape etc it all looks a bit better!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Front Lamp Wiring Continues, Dash Work Begins

Continuing to repair the front lighting wiring loom/harness, refitted the headlamp buckets and started looking at the dash

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

A Day in Harness

Spent the day trying to put the wiring loom into some kind of working order as far as the lighting is concerned. The wiring is mostly original bit has been cut around quite a bit…

Broke a rear lens because the previous owner had cross threaded the lens screws, blew a few fuses but getting there slowly!!

Mrs F kindly went to get fuses 🙂

This slideshow requires JavaScript.